CORESafety TV (August 2021): The Importance of Improvement Cycles In Safety and Health Management Systems
Welcome to the August edition of CORESafety TV — the online video program from the National Mining Association.
Mining operations should always strive to be in full compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to ensure value-added regulations are being leveraged.
CORESafety can help you accomplish this by integrating the “Plan-Do-Check-Act” improvement cycle with your company’s safety and health management system and by applying it to each regulation.
In this episode of CORESafety TV, we interview Mitch Kruger of Freeport McMoRan, Inc. Mitch is a Director of Corporate Health and Safety who supports the smelting, rod and refining areas of their business. Mitch describes how Freeport McMoRan continuously improves performance by implementing robust management systems and by providing adequate training and safety incentives to its employees.
In this August episode, we also take a look at CORESafety’s Module #16 – Safety and Health Management Assurance. You’ll learn about the importance of:
- Establishing a procedure to assess compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Maintaining current information.
Developing an improvement cycle that is integrated with your company’s safety and health management system.
- CORESafety TV (August 2021 episode) – click here.
- CORESafety TV (July 2021 episode) – click here.
- CORESafety Module #16 – click here for the Summary.
- CORESafety Module #16 – click here for the Resources.
- CORESafety website – click here.
- On August 4, 2021