How to Address Risk Management In Your Mining Operations
Welcome to the September edition of CORESafety TV — the online video program from the National Mining Association.
Risk management is the term that describes the coordinated activities an organization uses to assess and control risk.
CORESafety considers the risk management process to be necessary if you want to proactively lessen the occurrence of injuries and fatalities at your mining operation.
The process outlined in CORESafety’s Module #4 involves a series of logical steps:
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and assessment
- Selection and implementation of appropriate risk posture and tactics
- Monitoring and review of the “controlled” risks
In this episode of CORESafety TV, we gain some additional insights from Safety, Health and Risk Management expert Tom Hethmon.
We also discuss:
- Upcoming mine rescue events
- Contractor Management and Purchasing (CORESafety Module #20)
- Pre-screening all operational and project contractors
- Informing contractors about your safety and health requirements
Please take a few minutes to watch this episode and then share it with your management team and workforce.
Also, please share any of your videos, photos or safety success stories by emailing info@CORESafetyTV.org or calling us at 202.888.5330.
- On September 3, 2019