CORESafety TV (December 2023): SPECIAL EPISODE – Part Two More Real-Life Stories from Mine Rescue Hall of Fame Members
Welcome to the December 2023 edition of CORESafety TV — the online video program from the National Mining Association.
In this month’s special episode, we continue with the second part of our interviews with five Mine Rescue Hall of Fame members who share their unique and valuable insights with us.
Facilitated by CORESafety’s Paul Krivokuca from the National Mining Association, the panel includes discussions with:
- TIMOTHY WATKINS – Deputy Administrator, Enforcement, MSHA
- KENNY MURRAY – VP of Operations, Alliance Coal, LLC
- JOE PAVLOVICH – Former District Mgr., MSHA; Mine Safety Consultant
- JOHN UROSEK – PE, Consultant, Urosek Consulting, LLC
- JIM VICINI – Former Sr. Advisor, MSHA; Former Director of Safety, Kentucky
After a series of tragic mine disasters in the early 1900s, the U.S. Bureau of Mines (MSHA’s predecessor agency) recognized the need for a trained and organized group of miners equipped to perform rescue operations. As a result, the network of volunteer mine rescue personnel was born. It remains both active and available today.
The Mine Rescue Hall of Fame was established to honor those individuals who stand out as being exceptional in the field of mine rescue through their accomplishments and commitments.
To learn more about CORESafety, go here to visit our website.
- On December 1, 2023