2022 MINE RESCUE CONTESTS: Emergency Planning and Response
Mine rescue contests are designed to sharpen the skills and test the knowledge of team members who might be faced one day with potential mining emergencies.
Each team has to solve hypothetical problems and challenges while being timed and observed by judges.
The contests are usually held in the spring and summer in various states nationwide. The focus is on Emergency Management, which you can learn more about in CORESafety’s Module #6.
You can go here to find a list of mine rescue contests coming up over the next few months on the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) website.
- 2022 Coal Mine Rescue Contest Information
- 2022 Metal/Nonmetal Mine Rescue Contest Information
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) website
- CORESafety Module #6 – Planning and responding to emergencies
- CORESafety Module #15 – Educating employees on safe and unsafe behavior
To learn more about CORESafety, go here to visit our website.
- On May 17, 2022